A Funny Thing Happened While I Was Disembarking A Boat 🥰
Of all the "embarrassing" situations that could occur on that day after semi-expertly boarding and disembarking the boat that brought us to Marbuena Island Resort and the island-hopping adventure, it was when my foot suddenly got entangled between the makeshift bamboo bench and the bow. It took me several minutes to finally free my left foot to secure my position and was able to jump into the knee-deep water with the help of a paddle that I used to ascertain that the water was, indeed, shallow. I thought that the boat man was only joking when he said that we had to walk through the shallow water until we reached the shore. My duffel bag fell into the water only that my dry clothes were fine. I rinsed myself at a friend's house and changed into decent clothing before we went back to the city. Thank goodness!
What happened was that the group had to transfer from the big boat to a small one that's often used in fishing since the one that brought us to Marbuena could no longer make port due to the low tide. No wonder there was a proper timing for when to set out and come back. Lesson learned, indeed! Everyone couldn't stop laughing, myself included. 😆
(Small boat on the left, big boat on the right)

No comments:
Post a Comment