Followers

01 June 2021

Reminiscence: Singapore

 ๐ŸŒทReminiscence ❤️

I love looking at pictures of my adventures from years ago when I had more time to spare to travel in places like Singapore, Cambodia, Malaysia, and South Korea. 

I went to Singapore (my second time) with a friend from work. She, like me, loved taking photos. So, while we were on a tour bus plying the routes in the city, we stopped by at every iconic spot where tourists flocked to have their photos taken.  At the Quay, where the Merlion stands, she disappeared. Since I wanted to take a photo under the water spouting from the Merlion’s mouth, I didn’t hesitate to ask a stranger to click my cam for me. There I stood, half-smiling, half-squinting, under the searing heat of the noonday sun. ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜‘ I was happy enough to have a memento, but my friend, as it turned out, was busy taking photos of the skyscrapers and the Marina Bay Sands from different angles. Who does that? Well, my friend, that’s who! ๐Ÿ˜†

From there, we proceeded to take another tour bus and on to the Indian-Chinese district. I told her that I wanted to just continue the tour on the bus while she took off to take more photos. At the end of the day, we compared notes and exchanged photos as we covered a lot of places. On our 2nd day, we went to Sentosa Island for a day-trip and pranced about like children. In the evening, we watched a Disney play set on water and went back to the main island, she,  on a cable car, and I, on the train. I told her I had fear of heights, and so we discussed how I loved traveling and didn’t fear being on a plane and would always insist on a window seat. It was different, I said. So, she let me take the train, and, eventually, she overcame her own fear of heights. Oh, I miss her so! We had so much fun. We were like sisters. ❤️ We also enjoyed roaming and taking photos at the Gardens by the Bay while waiting for the sun to set just to take a photo of the Singapore Flyer. I’m sure my version turned out to be better. ๐Ÿ˜† (Joke, hers was better because the colors were vivid.) 

Our next trip was in 2015 and we had a grand time in Malaysia and Cambodia. 

#singapore2014



No comments:

Love and Light: A Memoir

 Love and Light: A Memoir on Empowerment and Enlightenment My name means "love and light." I've realized why I had to go throu...